Summer Term 2021 (pending changes we are headed BACK TO THE STUDIO!)
Friday 23rd April - Saturday 22nd July
£5 trial fee on all classes! Limited spaces apply. Book Now via the contact form.
Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm
Saturday 9am - 1pm
CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR EASTER HOLIDAYS!
WE HOPE TO BE BACK IN THE STUDIO FOR THE SUMMER TERM FROM FRIDAY 23RD APRIL.
WELL DONE TO ALL PUPILS THAT TOOK PART IN OUR IN-CLASS ASSESSMENTS - YOU ALL DID AN AMAZING JOB!
Please stay safe, happy and healthy and adhere to the preventative measures in place!
Keep your distance, stay home as much as you can, avoid public transport, wear masks over nose and mouth where instructed, wash your hands regularly - keep yourselves and those more vulnerable safe! Protect our NHS and keyworkers.
We are always here for you - please contact Miss Katy if you need anything! Xx
KtS Dance Updated Terms and Conditions: August 2020
The following terms and conditions (from point 2 onwards) have been set in relation to the current government guidance in relation to the ongoing covid-19 situation and will be in place until further notice. We will inform you via email of any changes or updates.
It is understood that by attending our classes you continue to agree and adhere to these (and any updated) terms and conditions and class procedures (for covid safety), as well as our general procedures and policies as outlined on enrolment and kept updated on our website: Info
If anyone in your household has these symptoms stay at home and use the 111 online help system (or call 111) for further advice.
Full details can be found in the Welcome Back Brochure which will be sent to enrolled pupils and further outline our commitment and the procedures being upheld by our team members to ensure our classes are run Covid-securely.
If you have any questions or concerns or require particular consideration due to a household member (particularly the pupil) being a member of the vulnerable group please do not hesitate to contact the Principal: email@example.com
All other terms and conditions remain as previously (with some minor amendments specific to covid-19) and can be read below:
* We offer a first trial class for a reduced fee. Parents or a responsible adult/guardian MUST remain onsite (though not necessarily in the studio. You will be offered a set area during the ongoing covid-19 period and masks may need to be worn on site). Parents/carers remaining on site take full responsibility for the child/ren during the trial.
*Payment of the trial fee must be made prior to the session via BACS.
*Further trials in the same class must be paid for at the full rate in advance.
*Trial spaces will only be held for the week prior to the class. Failure to attend does not immediately result in a trial space the following week. Please contact us to see if a space is still available should you miss your trial.
PLEASE NOTE; DURING THE ONGOING COVID-19 SITUATION WE ARE LIMITING TRIALS TO CERTAIN CLASSES ONLY. PLEASE EMAIL FOR INFORMATION.
* To proceed with enrolment a fully completed registration form must be provided for each child you are enrolling. For safety reasons we reserve the right to prevent a child from taking part in a class or event where an enrolment form (or atleast the necessary information to ensure their safety and well-being in class) has not been provided.
*Please be adviced that if you have not completed the Covid-19 declaration part of the form your child will not be allowed to take part in the class.
Keeping us up to date
* IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARENT (or pupil if independetly enrolled) TO ENSURE ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT UP TO DATE, IN PARTICULAR EMERGENCY CONTACT DETAILS, EMAIL ADDRESSES AND ANY MEDICAL CONDITION (PHYSICAL OR PSYCHOLOGICAL) OR INJURY THAT COULD EFFECT THE PUPIL'S TRAINING. Please inform the Principal and the Teacher immediately of any situations that could effect the pupil in class, such as a bereavement. All information will be handled in the strictest of confidence but allow us to ensure the safety and well-being of the child.
Fees and Class Cancellations
* Fees are invoiced on a termly basis and are to be paid upfront in full. We offer the option to pay in 1 full-term or 2 half-term installments, however the FULL FEE is due by the relevant invoice deadline date(s), regardless of attendance or if you leave mid-term. Late fees will incur a £5.00 surcharge.
* Pupils may be prevented in taking part in classes or events where fees have not been made by the deadline and exam results will not be issued to pupils with outstanding fees during the exam term.
* Payment plans are available and should be discussed directly with the Principal.
* After the payment deadline all relevant discounts will be lost.
*Only one invoice is sent per term. Those choosing to pay in half-termly installments will receive a reminder prior to the next payment deadline. Reminders go out automatically at various periods until the fee has been paid in full.
*Siblings qualify for a 10% discount on the younger sibling’s fees (when paid on time).
* Participation in certain events require payment of term fees to have been made in full (such as exams and performances) as well as payment of the event fee in order to take part.
* Where notice of non-attendance to an event (such as an exam or performance) has not been made by the required date payment of the fee will be required regardless of attendance. Exceptions will be made at the discretion of the Principal only.
*IF YOU MISS A CLASS DURING AUTUMN TERM 2020 (AND UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE) YOU WILL BE OFFERED A MAKE UP SESSION VIA AN ONLINE SESSION (eg Zoom, Facebook Live or a special recording) which can be taken part in live and/or at a time convenient to you.
Please remember, make up sessions are a privilege and not a gurantee but we will always endeavour to offer one where we can.
*After registration, no fees will be refunded for sessions not attended and never for classes cancelled due to reasons beyond our control (ie. building closure, bad weather, government guidance).
*Pupils attending more than one class will receive 10% discount on the second class (when paid on time). A 10% sibling discount will be applied to the younger child's fees.
*We reserve the right to increase fees at any time, in relation to increases in inflation, rental costs, insurances, subscriptions and other running costs related to the school. Notice of fee increases will only be given where the amount is higher than £1.00 per class.
*Legal action may be taken upon unpaid fees amounting to more than £100 and/or remaining unpaid for more than 1 year.
*Please inform the Principal of any issues that may cause delayed payment. KtS Dance will always help where we can but exceptions can only be made if we are aware of the circumstances.
Drop Off and Collection
Please see the new Covid-19 Class Procedures for full details
*We require written consent from the legal parent/guardian of any child under the age of 16 that is permitted to travel to and from classes alone. Without this consent a child will not be allowed to leave the venue until a parent/guardian or other authorised person above the age of 16 collects them KtS Dance will not take any responsibility for a child that leaves alone.
Food and Drink
* Food is not permitted in the studio.
* Pupils may bring drinks bottles – preferably containing water only – which should be placed in an appropriate place during class time and consumed only at the direction or consent of the teacher. (No fizzy drinks).
Waiting Room and Use of Venue
* There is no waiting room at this time. However, for those allowed onsite (eg parent during private class) we kindly ask that you respect the venue and those that may be working in adjoining rooms and offices. Please kindly keep noise to a minimum and always ensure you leave the room as you found it, tidying up after yourself and ensuring all rubbish is placed in the provided bins. Please take rubbish with you at this time. Parents will need to wear a mask onsite and should adhere to the same procedures as pupils. Please use the disinfectant as appropriate and remain only in designated areas.
* For health and safety reasons strictly NO pushcahirs/prams, scooters, bikes, roller skates, skateboards or similar items should be used or brought into the building.
* Please ensure exits and corridors are kept clear at all times and doors are not blocked, for example by pushchairs.
* Only use authorised doors and ensure all windows and doors are left open or closed as you find them.
* Should you notice anything out of order (a broken window or chair) or use up items in the toilets (paper towels, toilet paper) please advice a KtS Team member or contact the Principal asap.
MISUSE OF THE VENUE MAY RESULT IN THE SPACE BEING TAKEN AWAY OR A MONETARY FINE SO PLEASE TREAT IT WITH RESPECT.
Uniform and Personal Belongings
* Students are expected to wear the correct uniform to class; alternative versions will not be accepted after the settling in period. Hair must be tied back neatly off the face. Jewellery and watches should not be worn in class. Dance footwear must not be worn outdoors. Items deemed unsafe will be removed. During the covid-19 situation and whilst changing facilities are unavailable we will be considerate of those coming direct from school where fulfilling full hair and uniform requirements may be more difficult.
* Mobile phones must be switched to silent and should remain in pupils' bags for the duration of the class, except in the case of an emergency.
* Neither KtS Dance or St Mark's Family Centre/St Mark's Parish accepts responsibility for loss or damage to personal belongings whilst on the premises.
* Teaching staff at KtS Dance may administer basic first aid and seek further medical treatment if necessary. Parents must make teachers aware of any medical conditions (physical or psychological) or injury that the pupil may have and keep us informed of any changes to these conditions. Teachers are NOT obliged to deliver any first aid if they are not comfortable to do so or in circumstances that may pose a threat to the injured/ill pupil, themselves or other pupils, parents or team members in the vicinity. Teachers will wear PPE where possible if medical attention is required.
* KtS Team members will not administer any medication. Where the medication is potentially required for life-saving reasons (eg epi-pen for severe allergies) a responsibile parent or guardian authorised to administer this medication should remain within close proximity to the class/rehearsal venue at all times.
* In the case of a fire the teacher takes responsibility only for pupils within the studio at the time of the emergency. The teacher will escort pupils outside to the designated evacuation meeting point (by the entrance to St Marks Primary School) where they MUST remain with the teacher until the register has been taken. Anyone in the waiting room during this time is responsible for their own safety and that of any child/persons with them at this time only. Please ensure you have read emergency signs at the hall and familiarised yourself with the designated meeting points and fire exits. Leave all belongings behind and move quickly and calmly to the evacuation point. Teachers will wear a mask and aim to maintain distancing BUT the emergency situation and immediate safety of our pupils will take precedent.
* PLEASE ENSURE PUPILS HAVE BEEN TO THE TOILET PRIOR TO THE CLASS. There should be no real need for any pupil to need the toilet within class time. Where absolutely necessary a DBS checked team member will escort pupils to the toilet but remain outside.
*Older children (Grade 1 upwards) will be permitted to go to the toilet alone where absolutely necessary. During this time we ask pupils to avoid use of the toilet except for hand washing where possible.
* Each enrolled pupil is under the responsibility and consent of their legal parent/guardian only and it is up to the parent/guardian to keep us up to date with all information necessary to enrolment and participation and in regard to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the pupil at all times.
* Any photos/videos permitted to be taken by parents during our classes or events (such as watching week) must not be posted on any public domain, such as social media, if it contains any person outside of your immediate family or videos containing choreography or music you do not own the rights to. KtS Dance take no responsibility for the misuse of such images and video and will report any misuse we are made aware of. We would like to ensure all parents (including those that can not always attend events) can share in the memories being made by their children at dancing and kindly ask for your assistance in continuing to make this possible in a safe and controlled manner that does not affect the rights or safety of others.
Leaving the School
* Please inform us immediately if your child wishes to leave classes. Fees will not be refunded when leaving part way through a term. Once invoices are issued payment of full-term fees will be due regardless of attendance where notification of leaving was not given prior to first instalment the payment due date.
Code of Conduct and our Policies
* KtS Dance operate a strict Anti-Bullying policy and believe all members of our school, including pupils, parents, teachers, assistants, helpers and admin team, have the right to learn and teach in a safe, friendly and supportive environment. We will not tolerate any form of abuse, physical or psychological, or bullying of any kind, includng cyber bullying and trolling. ANY ISSUE SHOULD BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY TO THE PRINCIPAL MRS KATY ATZBERGER.
We reserve the right to suspend or expel any pupil or parent that is found to be the cause of bullying or cause of any such distress on another member of the school or staff at our venues.
* All pupils and the consenting parent/guardians of any enrolled pupil agrees to abide by the terms and conditions as stated above, all updates, procedures and policies.
* The Principal is the only authority at KtS Dance that can make a decision about waiving any of the conditions set out above or adhere to requests related to our various policies. Therefore, any issues or concerns should be brought directly (and not via a team member or other parent) to the attention of Mrs Katy Atzberger by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.